Sunday, February 26, 2012

Good news about tests... but residents need more.

Provided by 7DAYS.ae

I am writing this email after learning through your newspaper that RTA is considering to decrease the waiting period for candidates who fail in the Road Test. This is a very good initiative from RTA, however I have some more suggestions for RTA to lower the pressure on the "to-be Drivers". We all know that a lot of people visit Dubai on Visit Visa and these people are allowed to drive a vehicle if they have an international driving license even if they are from a country where the driving rules are totally different from the UAE, however the people from the same country are not allowed to drive if they are on a resident visa, which is a bit unfair.

I have a suggestion in this regard:

The people who come to UAE on a residence visa and go through a classroom and road training and appear in a road test, they should be allowed to drive even if they fail or pass the drive test. RTA should make three kind of results from a road test:

1. Pass

2. Probation

3. Fail, a person who shows no driving abilities should be failed, we have to keep the roads safe too.

The person who shows adequate skills, however he was not completely able to pass the test, he should be given a probationary license and he should be allowed to drive and if he drives for an year without getting any black point then he should be automatically changed to a full license. This is just a suggestion and RTA knows knows better how to run its business. I have been living in Dubai four months, apart from my country's license I additionally hold a Canadian license as well (unfortunately I don't hold a Canadian visa :-( ), now I can not drive so I can not take my daughter to any park or recreational area on weekends, I can not take my wife to hospital, etc, all these trips need a lot of planning and a lot of time as I have to keep a margin of an hour for taxi, etc. If I am allowed to drive then this will decrease a lot of pressure from me and I will be able to take good care of my family. I hope RTA should give adequate concern to this suggestion and act something on it

Thanks and best Regards

Abdul Aziz Khan

Dubai

A[umlaut] 2007 Al Sidra Media LLC

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company

No comments:

Post a Comment